Adobe Reader software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF file viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents.
Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
With each new release, Adobe continues to add functionality to Adobe Reader software, making it an extremely versatile tool capable of viewing, searching, digitally signing, verifying, printing, and collaborating with electronic documents. By distributing this software in a multitude of languages and platforms at no charge, Adobe continues to offer end users the ultimate tool for electronic document sharing.FEATURES* Enhance interaction with PDF Portfolios
PDF Portfolios provide easier navigation when you work with multiple PDF documents and other document types.* Work with Acrobat.com (beta)
From Reader 9, you can go directly into Acrobat.com (beta), an exciting new set of online services from Adobe, to perform common tasks, such as:
- Create up to five Adobe PDF files
- Share and store documents on the web
- Create and collaborate on a document in Adobe Buzzword
- Easily share your screen using Adobe ConnectNow
As an added convenience, Acrobat.com leverages Adobe AIR
, so you can interact with Acrobat.com from your desktop as well. Acrobat.com on Adobe AIR
is a small application that is included with your download of Adobe Reader 9.* Interact directly with Adobe Flash software
Adobe Reader can natively display rich media content, enabling a new level of end-user interaction. * Realize more secure document workflows
Better protect documents, forms, and drawings by leveraging Adobe LiveCycle ES and Adobe Acrobat
software.* Get more done with a simplified user interface
View information more precisely and efficiently with the Adobe Reader user interface.* Search single or multiple PDF files
Find and retrieve any PDF document or a phrase within a document in a matter of seconds.* Complete forms online as well as offline
Enable customers to confidently act on information — filling, saving, and electronically submitting forms.* Leverage CAD and geospatial functionality
CAD designs or geospatial maps that have been converted to PDF offer Adobe Reader users access to CAD features.Additional features for IT managers, architects, and developers
* Enable Multilingual User Interface
* Deploy Adobe Reader using industry-standard tools
* Support extended teams across operating systems
* Develop new capabilities: Extend the functionality of Adobe Reader using the Acrobat software development kit (SDK), now available free of charge.
* Leverage accessibility features
* Support international standards: Reader supports the new ISO Standard 32000 for PDF. Also, Reader continues to support PDF/A, the ISO-approved standard for the long-term preservation of electronic documents; PDF/X (printing); PDF/H; PDF/E (engineering); XMP/RDF; and ODBC.