SoftCAT is a database application designed to help you organize your software. Not only will SoftCAT help you know what you have and where it is, but it will also help you keep track of important information like serial number, registration name, and other registration information. You never know when you NEED this information!
More than 30 data fields will help you track information like program title, version, publisher, platform, type (commercial, freeware, shareware, etc.), category (Desktop Enhancements, Games, Utilities, etc.), price, installation date, installation folder, product homepage, serial number, and registration name.
You can password protect your database to prevent unwanted users from opening your database. Use the backup function to make backup copies of your valuable data. SoftCAT uses pop-up menus for quick access and navigation. SoftCAT comes with a sample database to get you started and a comprehensive context-sensitive on-line help system.
SoftCAT is intuitive and easy-to-use, and you will soon find that SoftCAT is all you ever need to keep track of your software.
* Comprehensive set of data fields enabling you to catalog a wide range of information: title, version, publisher, type, platform, category, media, language, status, owner, personal rating, purchase place/date/price and media location.
* 18 custom data fields (in case we have missed something).
* Add personal comments.
* Store up to 9 screenshots per program.
* Adapt the program to your own needs: Change the data field names to suit your personal preferences. Hide data fields you don’t need. Specify your own media formats and categories. Split your collection into different databases and transfer information between them.
* Use SoftCAT Explorer to browse your collection.
* Find information quickly: Search in all fields with any combination of key words and operators (and, or, etc.). Save your most frequently used searches. Use filters to display only selected data.
* Use the search and replace function to search for a specific word or number and replace it with another.
* Sort data by any field with up to five sort levels.
* Create your own reports with exactly the layout you want, or use one of the more than 30 pre-defined reports. You have full control of data fields, groups, sort order, columns, fonts, colors, paper size, margins and print orientation.
* Preview reports on screen before printing. Save reports in virtually any file format: Adobe Acrobat, Excel, HTML, JPEG, Lotus 1-2-3, Quattro Pro, or RTF.
* Archive reports - store report output so that it can be previewed and printed later, without re-accessing the data from which the report was generated. While archiving is very useful for maintaining historical records, it can also be used as a method of report distribution.
* Analyze your collection in a variety of ways with the statistics module.
* Export data to ASCII text files to bring the information into other applications.
* Backup your valuable data with the backup/restore module.
* Microsoft Access database format. Offers you an alternative way to view and search your database.