Medical is a multi-user, highly scalable, centralized Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Hospital Information System for openERP.
Medical is an open source project which goal is to provide an universal Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Hospital Information System (HIS), so doctors and institutions all over the world, independently of their economic status, will benefit from a centralized, high quality, secure and scalable system. Medical maximizes collaboration between health professionals and institutions, making emphasis on primary health care concepts. It uses industry standards in order to produce valid statistical data for epidemiological research, as well as to export the patient data.
Medical development framework is OpenERP, the leader open source ERP. OpenERP provides the environment to develop the EMR / HIS as a community, and to localize Medical to any country or region. The Medical data model has been designed so it can be used at hospitals, because it links the objects to the ERP functionality, such as reservations, financial management or supply chain management.
The data model is designed in such a way that centralizes the information, so no duplication occurs.
On the other hand, medical optimizes collaboration and communication between health professionals. For example, a doctor may request an specific lab test for a patient, this is processed by the pathologist which diagnoses it and inputs the result on the system. The doctor now has all the analysis information linked to the patient chart.
Medical allows to attach documents (X-rays, Biopsy results, ... ) to the Patient chart.
The information generated and gathered in Medical should be standard. We use ICD-10 for pathologies / diseases diagnoses. For example, instead of typing an arbitrary name for the condition, the doctor will be able to choose from over 14000 mutually exclusive classified diseases. This is very important for epidemiological and other statistical studies.
Medical uses the information on genetics from the National Center for Biotechnology Information NCBI and Genecards to link genes disorders to diseases. This information is important to evaluate risks of the patient to contract an specific disease and the probability of transmitting it to next generations. Medical also registers all the relevant family history information of the patient.
Similarly, the patient history will be in a format that medical centers all over the world would be able to process. Effective, paperless and fast way of practising medicine.
* Strong focus in family medicine and Primary Health Care
* Major interest in Socio-economics (housing conditions, substance abuse, education...)
* Diseases and Medical procedures standards (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS)
* Patient Genetic and Hereditary risks : Over 4200 genes related to diseases (NCBI / Genecards)
* Epidemiological and other statistical reports
* 100% paperless patient examination and history taking
* Patient Administration (creation, evaluations / consultations, history ... )
* Doctor Administration
* Lab Administration
* Medicine / Drugs information (vademécum)
* Medical stock and supply chain management
* Hospital Financial Administration
* Designed with industry standards in mind
* Open Source : Licensed under GPL v3