ExcelPipe is used by IT personnel to repair hyperlinks when a server gets renamed, by SMEs and large organisations when they change their contact details/name/etc, by translators to apply massive search/replace lists - the list of uses is endless.
ExcelPipe can change thousands or millions of documents, and can even make multiple changes simultaneously to save time. It can be automated to run overnight or over a weekend, and it takes care of passwords, protection, locked fields, read-only files and other messy details.
To use ExcelPipe, you simply add a list of search/replace pairs, and for each one, specify where in the document it should be found. Then you tell it which files to process - that's it!
* Now can search/replace inside Chart Titles and Defined Names
* Now can change the path of embedded OLE and DDE links to databases and other sources.
* Unicode search and replace
* Search-Only mode
* Search and replace with all Excel's options such as Match Case, Whole Cell/Partial Cell etc, plus more.
* Files can be specified by folder (optionally including sub folders), by importing from a list file, or by pasting in a list of filenames
* Search and replace inside hyperlink addresses
* Search and replace UNC link paths
* Search and replace inside shapes
* Search and replace inside built in document properties and custom properties such as Title, Subject, Author, Company etc
* Search and replace inside headers and footers
* Search and replace inside VBA Code Modules - even if protected with a password.
* Search and replace inside Sheet Names e.g. Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3
* Works with Windows SharePoint Services document libraries
* Fully Unicode compliant - search and replace international character sets (unlike competing products)
* Allows replacements to be longer than 255 characters (Microsoft Excel limits this to 255)
* Control the spreadsheet types used - so you can process .xls, or any custom spreadsheet type
* Can be automated or scheduled via the command line, and settings are saved in an easy-to-edit or generate XML format
* Handles password-protected spreadsheets - these get flagged for manual follow-up
* Read only documents can be processed or skipped
* Easy to install/uninstall
* The original file date and time stamp can be preserved
* Does not alter documents unless a change is made. In Search Only mode, no changes are made.
* All settings can be saved and re-loaded later, allowing you to manage multiple jobs.
* Full backup facility, and the ability to rollback if the results are not acceptable.
* Full audit trail on completion, logging the changed documents, unchanged documents and error documents.