FreeText is a simple and easy-to-use notebook for making notes, keeping to-do lists, storing information on accounts and contacts, etc. It can be helpful when you need to save a link, interesting citation, phone number or to simply insert text from a clipboard for a short time.
By clicking on a program icon you can immediately start entering data. You don't have to create and save files - the file is always open in the program, and all changes are automatically saved. No worries!
The program is initially customized to launch when your computer turns on and to be always shown in the notification area.
You enter data with the help of multieditor - a technology that adds easy-to-use and helpful functions to a text editor. For example, the text may include different elements.
* Data structuring: You can easily structure your data in the program. An element Logic Frame allows organizing data in a suitable way.
* Hyperlinks: The program automatically highlights hyperlinks in the text.
* Signs: You can insert signs icons in the text, and thus avoid using textual description for your data. Thanks to different forms and colors you can perceive this information much faster.
* Tables: The program allows you to insert simple tables. You can’t highlight table headings, merge cells or sort rows.
* Images: The program allows inserting images in common formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, ICO, CUR.
* Find and Replace: This function inspects all text, including text in elements, comments, descriptions of logic frames.
* Auto save: The program automatically saves user data and there is no need for clicking any button. Your data is stored in a file \FreeText\FreeText.frt.
* Synchronization: The program allows transferring data from one computer to another.
* Auto backup: At regular intervals, once every several days, the program creates data copy. It is a file with the name FreeTextBackup.frt. Each time the program replaces this file with the newer version.