Magic: The Gathering - Tactics
Publisher's Description of Magic: The Gathering - Tactics
" The first 3D tactics videogame set in the rich fantasy world of the popular trading card game. "|
- From Sony Online Entertainment (SOE)
A New Dimension of Magic
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics is the first game that brings the iconic characters, spells and settings from the world's premier trading card game to life in a fully realized 3D world with tactics style game play. Tackle the challenging single-player scenarios or join legions of gamers worldwide for intense battles of thrilling strategy in casual and tournament formats.
What is Magic: The Gathering - Tactics
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics is the first 3D tactics videogame set in the rich fantasy world of the popular trading card game, Magic: The Gathering. Players will take up the mantle of a Planeswalker, a powerful being who can tap into the five colors of Magic, summon awesome creatures and cast devastating spells. Players will be able to build Spellbooks containing iconic Magic creatures like the Serra Angel, Lord of the Pit, and Shivan Dragon and choose from favorite spells like Lightning Bolt, Oakenform, Giant Growth and more! Players can take on story driven, single-player campaigns or battle other gamers in casual one-vs-one play or in constructed and draft tournaments.
What makes this a Magic: The Gathering Game?
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics offers a unique and different way to battle within the Magic: The Gathering Multiverse, but fans of Magic: The Gathering will notice familiar characters, spells and many beloved gameplay elements.
* Iconic characters - Serra Angel, Reya Dawnbringer, Jace Beleren and Liliana Vess are just a few of the many iconic Magic characters to make an appearance.
* Spells and spell art - See actual spells from the Magic: The Gathering card game come to life.
* Mana - Use the five classic mana colors to power spells and abilities.
* Rich environments based on the five colors of Magic - Each environment is based on the five iconic environments from the collectible card game and styled after actual locations within the fiction.
What are the different tournament formats?
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics offers three exciting tournament formats.
* 8-player Draft - The classic Magic: The Gathering play format is proudly represented. Players bring booster packs to the table to distribute and combine into Spellbooks. They then battle each other for supremacy.
* Open - The Open Tournament structure allows players to quickly and easily play the game with others. With rewards given out for multiple accomplishments, players of any level can earn rewards.
* Constructed Tournaments - Players can participate in an elimination bracket style tournament to earn rewards.
What other gameplay formats are available?
* Pick-up Games - Play single games against opponents in a casual setting. This is great for testing out new spellbooks!
* Solo Play - Play in the exciting story driven campaigns against characters like Jace Berelin and Liliana Vess!
* Free to download and play, registered gamers will be able to battle online right away against opponents around the world or take on the challenging opening chapter of the game's story driven campaign.
* Take on the role of a Planeswalker and cast devastating spells such as Fireball, Doom Blade, Pacifism and Lightning Bolt, and control incredible creatures like Serra Angel, Lord of the Pit, Colossus of Sardia or Reya Dawnbringer.
* Take your skills into intense online tactical battles and fight in richly illustrated environments with all five colors of Magic.
Share Magic: The Gathering - Tactics with Friends
(Strategy and World)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS