| Size:||3.40 MB|
| Publisher:||eDocfile Inc.|
| Date Added:||Sep 21, 2013|
| License [?]:||Shareware (USD$199.00 to buy)|
| Operating System:||WinXP, WinVista, Win2003, Win2000|
| Requirements:||Microsoft Office Document Imaging|
| Download Links:||Download Tiff to Text|
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:|
Publisher's Description of Tiff to Text
" Optical character recognition (OCR) software that batch processes Tiff images and extracts text. "|
- From eDocfile Inc.
Batch OCR Tif Images to Text Files along with Searchable Tif images
Tiff to Text is designed to perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in a batch process. The program utilizes the OCR engine from Nuance (Owners of OMNI Page - formally ScanSoft) that is included with Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI).
With Tiff to Text the user has the option of processing all of the tif images in a file folder as well as tif images in all subfolders. The output will be a matching file folder structure with either the tif image along with a matching text file created from the OCR or just the text file.
Tiff to Text is easy to setup as the user only has to enter the input folder and output folder along with some simple choices.
Required Setup information:
* Include Sub Directories – this will OCR all the tif images in the Sub Directories of the root
* Duplicate Folder Structure – this makes a matching output file folder hierarchy of the OCR'd images, if not selected all output files will be placed in the output root.
* Display Status – allows the user to see what file is being OCR'd
* Output Text File Only – just creates a matching text file from the OCR contents
* Delete Original Tiff image – Deletes the file that was processed
* Standard Output – Normal OCR text file
* Upper Case – All of the OCR text is converted to Upper Case
* Lower Case - All of the OCR text is converted to Lower Case
* Strict ASCII – Only outputs the OCR text that contains character codes between 0 – 127
* Printable ASCII – Only outputs the OCR text that contains character codes 10, (line feed), 13 (Carriage Return) and codes 32 to 126
* Custom - the user can input a string of character codes to be returned from the OCR such as 10, 13, 48-57 which would just output the numbers contained within the tif image.
This program is designed to produce high quality OCR text files from tif images for research purposes. It is ideal for law firms that receive CD’s of tif images in the discovery process. Until now law firms needed expensive software to get high quality OCR output done in a batch process. That has changed with Tiff to Text costing less than what it costs to convert a CD of discovery documents to a text format.
With Tiff to Text if discovery documents arrive on a CD the user just copies the files to a folder on their hard drive, selects an output folder and lets the software do it's job.
An average CD contains up to 10,000 images and they can be processed at an average of 900 pages per hour. This average was calculated on typical single page discovery document in a G4 tiff format. The processor was a 2.4 mhz Pentium 4 with 512 of memory. Ideally the process will be run at night when the PC is not being used for another process as the OCR engine consumes most of the processing power of the PC.
If the discovery documents arrive as paper files the user can use the scan to file option on their copier and have the output tif images OCR'd.
Other uses for this product are all related to research projects where the quality of OCR text is important but where the formatting is not.
NOTE: This program does not include scanning software. It only processes images after they have been scanned.
Limitations in downloadable version:
15 uses trial.
Share Tiff to Text with Friends
(Scanning and Optical Character Recognition)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS