Meet NewsShark, designed from the ground up for getting LARGE files like MP3, RAR, and ZIP from usenet. Superior mission-specific features like partial file preview that will download/decode/play the first segment of a MP3 or MPG with just a double-click and Emergency Restart that automatically resumes interrupted downloads without starting over and yEnc support! This new release is faster and more reliable -- if you download from usenet, you want NewsShark.
NewsShark makes it easy to download large binary files from usenet!
- Emergency restart: Automatic restart and resume batch download if news server error, timeout, etc.
- Multipart resume: Automatic multipart resume feature can restart a download at the part it left off instead of downloading all the parts again.
- Multipart crosspost combine: Can combine posts from multiple groups when a multipart article is missing a part, and it is found in another group.
- Partial-file preview: Just double-click on a MP3 or MPG post to download, decode or play the first segment.
- View filters: Let you view any combination of complete articles, imcomplete, text, or unknown posts.
- Auto-expire: Keeps your saved headers trimmed to parallel what is on the server.
- Find: Quickly view only specific headers.
- Supports all popular encoding types: yEnc supported. Can decode yEnc, UUEncode, XXEncode, MIME Base64 and BinHex encoding.
- And much more.