The TextPipe Engine is a Royalty Free component that you can include in your application to make use of TextPipe's powerful text processing capabilities.
The TextPipe Engine is a much higher speed version of the same COM object that is inside the main TextPipe program. It has no GUI code to slow it down, and hence it is ideal to embed inside your application.
The Engine is packaged as an COM/ActiveX DLL rather than as a EXE. After a very simple registration process which is performed by your installation package, this DLL can be fully scripted by languages including Visual Basic, VB.Net, Visual C++ and Delphi.Benefits
* Transparent to the end user - they need not know that TextPipe is there
* Speed - the Engine is faster than TextPipe Pro (reasons below)
* No graphical user interface (GUI), which makes it smaller and faster
* No logging - so no extra files to clutter your customer's machine. This also makes it smaller and faster
* Run existing filters
* Create and run new filters on the fly
* Can be fully embedded in your application
* Royalty Free!
Documentation is included in the download, see readme.doc.
The COM interface is fully documented in the TextPipe Pro
help (see Advanced/COM interface). There is only one key difference - you create a TextPipeEngine.Application object rather than a TextPipe.Application object.
Sample code is included for Visual Basic, VB.Net, Visual C++ and Delphi.