Code relocator for processors x86, NEC V25, V40, V50, Am486, AMD SC400 etc. Uses output of Turbo/Borland C++, Turbo/Borland Pascal and TASM. Suitable for x86 compatible embedded systems and industrial / flat / raw / ROM / BIOS PC applications.
This 16bit Code Relocator supports all Intel x86 compatible CPUs and micro-controllers. For example: Intel-x86/88, EX386, EX486, NEC V25, NEC V40, NEC V50, AMD SC400, AMD SC520, Am186, Am188, AmX86, 386, 485, 586.
Typical use cases:
* Developing ROM/Flash images for raw x86 embedded systems. (Replacement for Paradigm Locator.)
* Industrial PC development. Direct execution from Flash Disk without loading the program into RAM.
* x86 BIOS Development. Diskless ROM PC applications without operating system.
* Relocates compiled 16bit x86 code (realmode / "DOS") and creates directly executable EPROM, FLASH or RAM download images for x86 compatible CPU's.
* Supports the following 16bit compilers: Turbo C/C++ / Borland C++ (versions 1.0 .. 5.x), Borland/Turbo Pascal 5, 6 & 7 and Turbo Assembler (TASM), Digital Mars C++ with 16bit DOS libraries.
* The only system for re-locating Pascal Code, which has been proven to yield much more disciplined and robust software code in comparison to C/C++ - especially for less experienced programmers.
* Relocates compiled EXE code to arbitrary code & data locations
* Supports DOS/BIOS based systems or flat x86 systems without any BIOS or OS
* Option for including a stub C/C++/Pascal startup code to not require an extra BIOS, DOS or other operating system.
* Option for inserting a x86 processor reset vector
* Supports correct heap/malloc relocation and full floating point emulation
* Includes a special startup code for C/C++ to remove any need for DOS; source code (ASM/TASM) included
* Includes the task scheduler TurboTASK for easy real-time multi-threaded execution of 16bit (DOS) compiled code
* Includes a system library for common operations on embedded systems.
* Includes a "file-system" library for storing structured (object-oriented) data or flat data permanently in buffered SRAM & Flash
* Includes a pre-written special system library for some common hardware: PC compatible UART, PC compatible Timers, special hardware on NEC V25 / AMD SC400. Other special hardware has to be programmed directly (or to be used over an existing DOS)
* The bare commandline locator EXELOC.EXE is executable on 16bit DOS. (GUI requires Windows 95 or higher).
* Separate target addresses for Code/Fixed/Initialization & variable Data segments
* A prepared RAM/FLASH Download Tool for some CPU's enables a fast development cycle
* Protected Mode code can be set up within your own code
Limitations in downloadable version: