Adobe AIR and the Adobe Flash Platform unleash the creativity of designers and developers by providing a consistent and flexible development environment for the delivery of applications across devices and platforms. Support for additional platforms, including Android, is under development.
* Benefit from a consistent, flexible, and visual development environment for applications on multiple platforms and devices such as smartphones, smartbooks, tablets, netbooks, and PCs.
* Accelerate development with code reuse and an intuitive visual development environment for multiplatform development.
* Create consistent and immersive applications that deliver expressive and interactive user experiences across multiple screens.
With the Adobe AIR runtime, you can deliver branded rich Internet applications (RIAs) outside the browser that give you a closer connection to your customer.
Adobe AIR uses the same proven, cost-effective technologies used to build web applications, so development and deployment are rapid and low risk. You can use your existing web development resources to create engaging, branded applications that run on all major desktop operating systems.
By using Adobe AIR as part of your RIA strategy, you can boost productivity, extend your market reach, enhance customer satisfaction, improve customer retention, lower costs, and increase profits. Companies like FedEx, Atlantic Records, Fox Studios, DIRECTV, NASDAQ, SAP, and Salesforce.com are already using AIR to deliver engaging RIAs to their users' desktops.
With Adobe AIR, you can:
* Establish a more persistent connection with existing customers
* Deliver fully branded experiences with desktop functionality
* Leverage existing personnel, processes, and infrastructure
* Develop and deliver RIAs efficiently using proven Adobe technology
* Increase the ROI of your web investments
The Adobe AIR SDK provides the tools necessary to build and deploy Adobe AIR applications, including:
* Framework for Adobe AIR APIs
* Template for the Adobe AIR application install badge
* Command-line Adobe AIR Debug Launcher (ADL)
* Command-line Adobe AIR Developer Tool (ADT)
Download the software, software development kits (SDKs), extensions, and frameworks you need to build, package, and deploy AIR applications in your preferred development environment.