The Adobe Flex 4 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Flex framework (component class library) and Flex compiler, enabling you to freely develop and deploy Flex applications using an IDE of your choice.What is Flex?
Flex is an open source framework for developing intuitive web applications that make it much easier for people to view and interpret data.
Building engaging, cross-platform rich Internet applications.
Flex is a highly productive, free, open source framework for building expressive web applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops and operating systems by leveraging the Adobe Flash Player
and Adobe AIR runtimes
While Flex applications can be built using only this Flex SDK, Adobe Flash Builder
software can accelerate development through features like intelligent coding, interactive step-through debugging and visual design of the user interface layout.How is Flex being used?* Rich data visualization:
Improve data comprehension and decision-making with interactive data dashboards and in-context data visualizations within key business applications.
- Data dashboards: Summarize up-to-the-minute business performance in a consolidated, highly visual, interactive dashboard. Quickly assemble visual components and bind to core business data.
- In-context data visualization: Visually represent complex business data in context within critical business applications.
* Customer self-service
Increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs with self-service web applications that enable customers to quickly find the answers they need.
- Guide self-service applications can help users quickly and accurately complete interactions with your organization without frustration.
- Reduce costs helping customers get it right the first time. Provide highly visual representations of products and services, ensuring customers purchase the products they really want.
* Cleaner, more intuitive applications
Reduce errors, frustration, abandonment and purchase returns by providing visual, interactive applications that are easier to use and understand.
- Condense multi-screen, multi-step applications into single-screen, highly visual experiences that are easy to understand.
- Validate customer input as it happens, providing visual cues to guide users through complex application processes.