PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream formats as 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip supports creating archives with a wide range of compression and encryption standards, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
PeaZip is a reliable solution for most of the archive types you may met, and will help you in finding the right tool for a wide range of specific needs if you are searching for speed, or maximum compression, or strong encryption.
PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager: cross platform, available as portable and installable software for 32 and 64 bit Windows (9x, 2k, XP, Vista, 7) and Linux (PeaZip is a desktop neutral application).
* Full support
- 7z, FreeArc's arc/wrc, sfx (7z and arc), bz2, gz, paq/lpaq, pea, quad/balz, split, tar, upx, zip
* Read (browse, extract, test) 118 file extensions
- 7z, bz, bz2, bzip2, tbz2, tbz, gz, gzip, tgz, tpz, tar, zip, z01, smzip, arj, cab, chm, chi, chq, chw, hxs, hxi, hxr, hxq, hxw, lit, cpio, deb, lzh, lha, rar, r01, 00, rpm, z, taz, tz, iso, jar, ear, war, lha, pet, pup, pak, pk3, pk4, slp, [Content], xpi, wim, u3p, lzma86, lzma, udf, xar, dmg, hfs, part1, split, swm, tpz, kmz, xz, txz, vhd, mslz, apm, mbr, fat, ntfs, exe, dll, sys, msi, msp, ods, ots, odm, oth, oxt, odb, odf, odg, otg, odp, otp, odt, ott, gnm, doc, dot, xls, xlt, ppt, pps, pot, docx, dotx, xlsx, xltx, swf, flv, quad, balz, zpaq, paq8f, paq8jd, paq8l, paq8o, lpaq1, lpaq5, lpaq8, ace, arc, wrc, 001, pea, cbz, cbr, cba, cb7, cbt.
- FreeArc's arc/wrc
PeaZip allows to apply powerful multiple search filters to archive's content; create and extract multiple archives at once; create self-extracting archives; export job definition as command line; save archive's layouts; use custom compressors and extractors, bookmark archives and folders; scan and open with custom applications compressed and uncompressed files etc...
Other features: strong encryption, robust file copy, split/join files (file span), secure data deletion, compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, it can verify file checksum and hash, and it supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
* 7Z's AES256 encryption
* ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
* FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
* PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption