Click-N-Type is a free on-screen virtual keyboard designed for anyone with a disability that prevents typing on a physical computer keyboard. As long as the person can control a mouse, trackball, head-pointer or other pointing device, he or she can send keystrokes to virtually any Windows or DOS application.
Click-N-Type is helpful for getting text into uncooperative places, such as browser Address fields, dialog boxes such as Open and Save As, and so on.
Click-N-Type has an AutoClick feature for those who find clicking the mouse button difficult or impossible.
Version 2.0 now has even more user customizable layout options including compatibility with the CNTDesigner keyboard designer available as an add-on, that allows you to design your own keyboard layouts. A QWERTY layout is now provided with the basic package.
- Macros to type words or phrases with one click.
- Multilingual capability and complete Language Packs for Traditional-Chinese, German, French and British keyboards are available as add-ons.
- Optional audible feedback as you type.
- A word prediction & completion capability. A 30,000 word list is available as a separate download.
- Right-Click-Shift to type a single shifted character. Also, a Non-Sticky-Shift Key option for AutoClick and head-pointer users.
- A much smaller profile is now possible.