||Feb 28, 2011
||Shareware (USD$219.00 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 2000
||Pentium 1GHz, 256 MMB RAM, 250MB hard disk free space
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of Polaris
" State-of-the-art data management system to share and manage information with ease and flexibility. "
- From DS Software
POLARIS is a state-of-the-art data management system that enhances its users' capacity to share and manage information with unprecedented ease and flexibility.
POLARIS utilizes a standardized, user-friendly interface that was developed in collaboration with experts from the Polish Academy of Sciences. Its simple interface allows for the rapid training of employees and the implementation of standardized procedures for processing even the most advanced data.
* A user-friendly interface
* Configurable data structure and its presentation in application
* Capability to create links between lists/spreadsheets
* Support for multi-level hierarchy for data management
* User-defined additional lists and additional fields in all lists
* Administrative definitions of lists views, dictionaries and business rules
* User-created reports
* Categorization of records with lookup lists and keywords
* Rich text notes (texts, pictures, symbols, tables etc)available for all records
* Linking of electronic documents (files and folders) to all records (e.g. projects, persons) allowing fast access to files
* Intuitive tools for cataloging and searching for information
* Comfortable information exchange with MS Office, allowing users to
- Export data (single and multiple lists or queries)to MS Excel ("XLS" files)
- Import data from MS Excel files ("XLS"),thereby simplifying the importation of data to POLARIS.
- Generate serial documents based on user-defined MS Office templates fed with POLARIS data.
- Exchange of contacts, events and tasks with MS Outlook.
* Activities and documents reminder.
Mail merge based on user-defined text, MS Word and MS Excel templates fed with POLARIS data.
* Registration of all operations and data.
* Built-in user authorization system.
* Database management module, allowing to create, register and delete databases, change database authorization, define backup creation rules and much more - all in an easy-to-use interface.
* Capacity to work offline and to synchronize data with a central database.
Limitations in downloadable version
Share Polaris with Friends
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS