" Automatic nesting software for sheet materials. "
- From Technos Ltd.
Astra R-Nesting is sheet nesting software for optimized cutting of particle board, metal, glass and plastics. With remarkable ease and simplicity, the user can create the order and produce the cutting layouts of the best quality. To accomplish this, Astra R-Nesting offers the following capabilities:
* Simple tabular entry of data allows the user to enter the list of parts and panes into the order form or copy them from Microsoft Excel, Word or other applications.
* Excellent algorithm of automatic nesting reduces costs due to the decrease of waste.
* Quick editing of cutting layouts – the user can use the mouse to rotate and move the parts over the layout and even drag them to the other layout, use the visual layout clipboard where he can leave the parts and put them onto the cutting layouts later.
* Special functions enable the creation of precise layout: the user can align parts to the common base, snap to limit stops, place the part automatically on releasing the mouse button, etc.
* Output cutting layouts for CNC cutting machine: HOLZMA (PTX), SCM (Gabbiani), Selco (XML), CPOUT format, Giben, Mayer, Felder, Holz-Her (CPOUT), Schelling (CPOUT), Altendorf F45 Elmo, etc.
* View and printing of reports, such as cutting layouts, specifications, etc.
- Optimal use of materials
Astra R-Nesting offers a set of functions to ensure optimal use of materials:
* Calculation of offcuts on the cutting layouts – automatic calculation, calculation in the specified area, manual editing using the mouse.
* Inventory of offcuts in stock – manual and automatic entry of offcuts to the storehouse database, editing of the offcuts list, filtering, sorting, calculation of the statistics about all offcuts in stock or offcuts by a selected material
* Priority cutting of offcuts in the new order – automatic and manual selection of offcuts for cutting.
- Use of standard assemblies
The nesting order can be made from preset assemblies. The library may contain the unlimited number of descriptions for assemblies, produced by the enterprise. The library reduces the data entry time for preparing a nesting order by ten folds – simply select the required assemblies from the library, run a few commands and the nesting order is ready. Another advantage of the library is reduction of errors through a more accurate production of orders when the user adds the list of parts.
- Edge banding of parts
The software allows the user to specify edge banding settings for parts. The unlimited number of edge banding materials is supported. The entered information is used to calculate the amount and cost of banding material per order. Edge banding is reflected in reports: on cutting layouts, in specifications, and on part labels.
- Calculation of cutting costs
The software calculates the cost of the order based on all used materials and performed operations. The built-in library allows the user to set the cost of a square meter for each type of sheet material, the cost of running meter for each type of banding material, the list and cost of each operation.
- Printable labels
Astra R-Nesting can print labels for the order parts, sheets and offcuts in stock.
- Shared network database
The program can create a centralized database to enable any corporate network user to access its data from any workstation.
- Customization for a particular enterprise
Astra R-Nesting offers a unique set of options that can be used to customize the software for the equipment and technologies of any enterprise.
- Integration with CAD/CAM/ERP systems
- Link to CNC machines
Limitations in downloadable version
You can print only first layout.