||Jun 3, 2010
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 2000
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of RSSOwl
" A popular and powerful open-source newsreader for RSS, RDF, and Atom newsfeeds. "
- From RSSOwl Project
RSSOwl is a free and powerful news feed reader. RSSOwl lets you gather, organize and search news in a convenient, easy to use interface with endless flexibility.
What is RSSOwl?
Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or "aggregators." RSSOwl is such an application. RSSOwl lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more. It's easy to configure and the best of all: It's platform-independent. RSSOwl can be used on all major platforms like Windows, Linux (32 Bit and 64 Bit) and Apple Mac OS X.
What is RSS?
RSS ("Really Simple Syndication" or "Rich Site Summary") is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner.
* You can display news feeds side by side in multiple tabs.
* Use the embedded Browser to open the full content of a news entry from the originating web site.
* Enable the grouping mode to group a list of news entries from a feed by a specific attribute.
* Switch to the newspaper view to get the full content of a feed displayed at once inside the embedded browser.
* Select from one of the keyword feeds to receive news from a specific topic of your interest.
* With the notion of Saved Searches, a search can be used like a feed you are subscribed to
* You can create any number of News Bins to store news you think are worth keeping.
* Use Labels to associate keywords with news entries.
* RSSOwl knows about a number of communities like Delicious and Technorati to share your feeds and news entries with.
* Never miss a news anymore with RSSOwl's powerful search engine.
* News Filters are likely the most powerful feature in RSSOwl.
* You can easily add more feeds to RSSOwl by using the Import Wizard.
* Use the Export Wizard to export your list of subscriptions including saved searches and news bins to a file.
* With the help of the Clean-Up Wizard you can easily get rid of old news entries or feeds that have not updated in a while.
* The Notifier is a small popup that displays the headlines of incoming news even when RSSOwl is minimized.
* Configure the Notifier to show an excerpt of content for news entries.
* Easily customize the toolbar in RSSOwl to make actions you commonly use easy to access with a single click
* The Downloads & Activity dialog shows what RSSOwl is busy doing.
* Using feeds that are protected by username and password? No problem
* Extra protection by setting up a master password.
* You can define lots of properties in a very fine grained manner on folders and feeds.
* Easily install additional features into RSSOwl by using the integrated Add-on wizard.
Share RSSOwl with Friends
(Newsgroup, RSS and Blogging Tools)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS