||May 8, 2010
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Unix, Mac OS X
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of aMule
" A P2P file sharing client for the eDonkey or eD2K Network. "
- From aMule Project
aMule stands for all-platform Mule. aMule is a P2P, or peer-to-peer, client for the eD2k network, commonly known as eDonkey network or eD2k network (eDonkey2000).
aMule is an eMule-like client for the eD2k and Kademlia networks, supporting multiple platforms.
aMule is built upon the wxWidgets (formerly wxWindows) toolkit, which enables it to support multiple platforms.
* Available in 28 languages.
* Support for Source Exchange in order to find sources for files more efficiently.
* Large queues and the Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file they want and rewards those who actively upload to other users.
* Support for the compressed transfers and server communication (using zlib), which means faster transfers for compressible files and less strain on servers.
* Support for Secure Identification, which insures that your user hash can't be stolen in order to inpersonate your client.
* Support for IP-Filters so that you can keep known bad IPs from connecting to you.
* Boolean search (AND, OR, NOT).
* You can have the traditional progress bar for transfers, percents completed or both.
* aMule supports systrays for both Gnome, KDE and other compatible window managers. Of course, on Windows too.
* Supports Online Signatures, so you can brag about using aMule.
* Checks against aggressive clients.
* Uses MD4 hashes to find sources and ensure that the file matches the original copies of the file, in order to avoid corruption.
* Intelligent Corruption Handler (ICH) and AICH helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
* Auto priorities and source management allow you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
* The Preview function allows you to look at your videos and archives before they are completed. For video previewing, MPlayer or Xine are recommended but Video Lan Client should work too.
* Support for categories so that you can organize your downloads.
* To find the files you want, aMule offers a lot of search possibilities, which are:
- Servers search (local and global)
- Kademlia nodes search
- Integration in your favourite browser for easy click-and-download (with ed2k:// links).
* Messaging and Friends system. You can send messages to other clients and add them as friends.
* aMule supports updating the server list from an URL during run-time, at startup or as it connects to other clients.
* PowerShare function: better handling of your shared files (known as Release).
* Skins support.
Share aMule with Friends
(P2P File Sharing)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS