||Jul 3, 2005
||Shareware (USD$239.00 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows 7
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of wodFtpServer
" An ActiveX Component that implements server side of FTP, FTP/S, and SFTP. "
- From WeOnlyDo Software
Secure (SSL, SSH) FTP Server ActiveX, FTP Server Component
* Server side ActiveX for FTP support with SSH and SSL encryption
* Support for large >4.2GB files
* Authenticate with client certificates, password, public key or NT domain
* Uses FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL crypto library
* Control bandwidth for each user separately
* Same interface for all protocols
* Installation contains x86 and x64 binaries
* Samples in VB, VC, Delphi
wodFTPServer is an ActiveX Component that implements server side of following protocols: FTP, FTP/S (FTPS or FTP+SSL) both in explicit and implicit modes, and SFTP (secure ftp subsystem on SSH2 secured channel). Support for all 3 protocol is transparent for your programming - you have same set of events, same set of properties and methods, same control over connected users - and just one property to change to switch from one protocol to another - Protocol property!
Unlike old FTP protocol support, FTPS and SFTP protocols provide security, privatekey/certificate authentication and strong encryption of data - great for insecure networks. wodFTPServer can be easily setup (using provided samples) to listen and accept such clients.
- Features include
* support for FTP, SFTP and FTPS protocols
* support for certificate and privatekey authentications (required or optional)
* set of events to control every aspect of client's connection - when he changes directory, lists directory contents, downloads file....
* support for large files (larger than 4.2gb)
* transparent interface - interface is the same for all supported protocols
* debug log showing entered commands and replies sent to the user (in SFTP protocol wodFTPServer creates these messages for you!)
* NT style authentication - you don't need to create accounts on your server at all, use users registered on your NT system
* great speed
* complete information on connected users - get their originating IP address, originating port, total connected time...
* custom initial messages sent to the client - you can hide WeOnlyDo! origin completely
* control bandwidth usage for each user separately
* easy interface - almost to say 'plug and play'
- Shipped as COM and ActiveX
wodFTPServer is shipped in two variations - as COM object, and as an ActiveX control. Besides this, wodFTPServer package also includes wodKeys object for managing keys (great for SFTP protocol) and wodCertificate object for managing certificates and private keys (for FTPS protocol).
wodFTPServer will work with all environments that support COM objects and ActiveX controls - VB, VC, Delphi, and it will even work in .NET environments. IDE will generate appropriate wrappers for wodFTPServer in that case.
Limitations in downloadable version
Cannot change GreetingMessage property.
Share wodFtpServer with Friends
(Internet and Networking)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS