" SSH Server ActiveX component. "
- From WeOnlyDo Software
SSH ActiveX Server, Telnet Server, SCP Server, SFTP Server, SSH Component
* Server side ActiveX for Telnet and SSH support
* Uses FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL crypto library
* Internal SFTP server and port forwarding
* Authenticate with client certificates, password, public key or NT domain
* Integrated SSH key management support
* Installation contains x86 and x64 binaries
* Samples in VB, VC
wodSSHServer is an SSH Server ActiveX component (but also Telnet Server ActiveX as well) that will give you ability to easily add SSH2 (and SFTP) server capabilities to your application, as well as old TELNET server protocol. SSH protocol provides strong encryption of data, and authentication of users over insecure networks, such as Internet. Using it is really easy. Add it to your form (or create instance on the fly), use internal methods to generate pair of keys for the server (or import existing ones from other SSH servers) and start the server. From that moment, clients will be able to connect to your server, and do the following
* enter chat that you created for them,
* start command prompt and execute commands inside (just as they would do it from the console window),
* start some program of their choice
* use internally provided SFTP (secure ftp) server, or
* open port forwarding for other programs
All of this, of course, can be adjusted by your needs. By default, server will not allow anyone to login unless you specify so (using LoginPassword event that is fired when someone wants to login to your server). Once connected, you will get the information about service type user requests. At this point, you can accept, reject or even change the service he requested. Or, you can just leave him alone and not interfere with his actions at all.
Included samples will show you, step by step, how to
* manually respond to client's actions. You can make an interface that will talk to the clients (like an BBS system), they will enter commands and different type of values in your program where you can evaluate them. This is ideal for making restricted access area where users will be allowed only to, for example, login and change their password.
* interact with user's shell commands. In case you think user's actions are becoming too aggressive and may damage your system, you can easily deny any action made by them
* start SFTP server in restricted environment. You can define custom directories that will be shown to the clients as root folders. They will not be able to access any parent folders than you specified. On each their action, event will be fired where you can deny certain actions
* open port forwarding where you can inspect the request, allow or deny the action, or even change the parameters for it without the client even knowing that.
- Unlimited connections supported
Maximum number of connection is not omitted by wodSSHServer. It depends on your OS and computer power. If you wish, you can easily limit number of the connection by rejecting new connections when wodSSHServer1.Users.Count exceeds certain value.
- Encryption algorithms
Supported ciphers are AES, 3DES and Blowfish. 3DES is defined as required by SSH2 protocol specification, so all clients should be able to negotiate proper cipher between client and the server. Supported MAC algorithms are MD5 and SHA1.
Limitations in downloadable version
Can not change the value of BannerText property.