Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Publisher's Description of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
" Required to run and develop applications to target the .NET Framework 4. "
- From Microsoft Corporation
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 redistributable package installs the .NET Framework runtime and associated files that are required to run and develop applications to target the .NET Framework 4.
The .NET Framework is Microsoft's comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless and secure communication, and the ability to model a range of business processes.
The .NET Framework 4 works side by side with older Framework versions. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 provides the following new features and improvements:
* Improvements in Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Base Class Library (BCL)
* Performance improvement including better multicore support, background garbage collection, and profiler attach on server.
* New memory mapped file and numeric types.
* Easier debugging including dump debugging, Watson minidumps, mixed mode debugging for 64 bit and code contracts.
* CLR and BCL enhancements.
* Innovations in the Visual Basic and C# languages, for example statement lambdas, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters.
* Improvements in Data Access and Modeling
* The Entity Framework enables developers to program against relational databases using .NET objects and Language Integrated Query (LINQ). It has many new features.
* WCF Data Services is a component of the .NET Framework that enables you to create REST-based services and applications that use the Open Data Protocol (OData) to expose and consume data over the Web. WCF Data Services has many new features
* Enhancements to ASP.NET
* More control over HTML, element IDs and custom CSS that make it much easier to create standards-compliant and SEO-friendly web forms.
* New dynamic data features including new query filters, entity templates, richer support for Entity Framework 4, and validation and templating features that can be easily applied to existing web forms.
* Web forms support for new AJAX library improvements including built-in support for content delivery networks (CDNs).
* Improvements in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
* Added support for Windows 7 multi-touch, ribbon controls, and taskbar extensibility features.
* Added support for Surface 2.0 SDK.
* New line-of-business controls including charting control, smart edit, data grid, and others that improve the experience for developers who build data centric applications.
* Improvements in performance and scalability.
* Visual improvements in text clarity, layout pixel snapping, localization, and interoperability.
* Enhancements to WPF
* Improvements to Windows Workflow (WF) that enable developers to better host and interact with workflows.
* Improvements to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) such as support for WCF Workflow Services enabling workflow programs with messaging activities, correlation support.
* Innovative new parallel-programming features such as parallel loop support, Task Parallel Library (TPL), Parallel LINQ (PLINQ), and coordination data structures which let developers harness the power of multi-core processors.
Share Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) with Friends
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS