" A free powerful real-time logfile analyzer that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically. "
- From Laurent Destailleur
AWStats is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically. This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all major server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of other web, proxy, wap, streaming servers, mail servers and some ftp servers.
As AWStats works from the command line but also as a CGI, it can work with all web hosting providers which allow Perl, CGI and log access.
A full log analysis enables AWStats to show you the following information:
* Number of visits, and number of unique visitors,
* Visits duration and last visits,
* Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
* Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
* Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
* Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
* Most viewed, entry and exit pages,
* Files type,
* Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
* OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected),
* Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
* Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
* Worms attacks (5 worm's families),
* Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...),
* HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...),
* Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
* Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks".
* Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio.
AWStats also supports the following features:
* Can analyze a lot of log formats: Apache NCSA combined log files (XLF/ELF) or common (CLF), IIS log files (W3C), WebStar native log files and other web, proxy, wap or streaming servers log files (but also ftp or mail log files).
* Works from command line and from a browser as a CGI (with dynamic filters capabilities for some charts),
* Update of statistics can be made from a web browser and not only from your scheduler,
* Unlimited log file size, support split log files (load balancing system),
* Support 'not correctly sorted' log files even for entry and exit pages,
* Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis, support DNS cache files,
* Plugin for country detection from IP location (use geoip country database or client domain name),
* Plugin for city detection from IP location (use geoip city database),
* Plugins for US/Canadian Region , ISP and/or Organizations reports (require non free third product geoipregion, geoipisp and/or geoiporg database)
* WhoIS links,
* A lot of options/filters and plugins can be used,
* Multi-named web sites supported (virtual servers, great for web-hosting providers),
* Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection,
* Several languages.
* No need of rare perl libraries. All basic perl interpreters can make AWStats working,
* Dynamic reports as CGI output.
* Static reports in one or framed HTML/XHTML pages, experimental PDF export,
* Look and colors can match your site design, can use CSS