||Mar 16, 2014
||Shareware (USD$9.99 to buy)
||WinXP, WinVista, Win8, Win2008, Win2003, Win7
||2 MB free memory
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of KeyboardLocker
" Disables keyboard until exit phrase entered, mouse remains active. "
- From DataMystic
Disables the keyboard, leaving the mouse active. An exit phrase must be entered before the keyboard is reactivated. Can be used to secure dedicated servers, or to show a DVD to a small child without them destroying your computer! Use with Skype to prevent toddlers pressing keys during a call
Once KeyboardLocker is enabled, you can ONLY use the keyboard to type in the Exit Phrase. You can use the mouse to start your DVD movie playing.
You can also copy the short cut for KeyboardLocker into the StartUp folder so that your computer is automatically locked when it boots up!
- to secure dedicated servers (such as university print servers)
- to prevent both USB and PS/2 keyboard input on Internet and Photo kiosks
- to protect running processes when the keyboard is cleaned by janitors
- to stop keyboard input when desktop macros are running
- in a home user environment, e.g. to show a DVD to a small child without them destroying your computer.
There are several ways you can start KeyboardLocker:
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" [/START]
Starts KeyboardLocker in interactive mode. If /START is specified, KeyboardLocker locks immediately.
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /NEWPWD=new password [/START]
Starts KeyboardLocker in interactive mode, but with a new default password. If /START is specified, KeyboardLocker locks immediately.
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /OLDPWD=old password /NEWPWD=new password
If KeyboardLocker is currently running, it changes the unlock phrase from old password to new password. This copy of KeyboardLocker then terminates.
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /STOP=password
Unlocks KeyboardLocker if it is currently running and password is correct. This copy of KeyboardLocker then terminates.
- Can completely disable Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Disables ALL windows keys, even Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Escape, Windows keys etc
- Simple to install and uninstall - no configuration required
- Help Menu can be disabled to restrict internet access
- Exit phrase can be locked so that it cannot be changed
- Ctrl+Alt+Del checkbox can now be hidden.
Limitations in downloadable version
Share KeyboardLocker with Friends
(Privacy and Access Control)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS