Redo Backup and Recovery 0.9.7
||Jan 19, 2011
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 2000
||Download Redo Backup and Recovery
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of Redo Backup and Recovery
" Advanced yet easy backup, recovery and bare metal restore. A complete disaster recovery solution. "
- From RedoBackup.org
Redo Backup and Recovery is so simple that anyone can use it. It is the easiest, most complete disaster recovery solution available. It allows bare-metal restore. Bare metal restore means that even if your hard drive melts or gets completely erased by a virus, you can have a completely-functional system back up and running in as little as 10 minutes.
All your documents and settings will be restored to the exact same state they were in when the last snapshot was taken. Redo Backup and Recovery is a live CD, so it does not matter if you use Windows or Linux. You can use the same tool to backup and restore every machine.
More Features, Less Complex
Redo Backup has the most features coupled with the simplest, most user-friendly interface:
* Easy graphical user interface boots from CD in less than a minute
* No installation needed; runs from a CD-ROM or a USB stick
* Saves and restores Windows and Linux machines
* Automatically finds local network shares
* Access your files even if you can't log in
* Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
* Internet access with Firefox to download drivers
* Live CD download size is only about 75MB
How Does it Work?
Most backup and restore programs require your system to be up and running in order to restore. But what if you cannot boot into Windows? What if you have a nasty virus, and you can't even open Windows to try to restore it back to how it was?
Redo doesn't need Windows. Download and burn the ISO, place it in your CD-ROM drive, and reboot your machine. The system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory, without writing any information to your hard drive. Then you will be able to perform backup, restore and recovery actions—guaranteed—even if you aren't able to boot into your regular operating system.
* No installation needed
* Boots in seconds, less than a minute and all your hardware gets detected automatically.
* It's pretty providing a point-and-click interface with network access and a complete operating system (via the xPUD project).
* Works with Windows and Linux
* Finds network shares. Redo Backup will automatically search your local area network for drives to backup to or restore from. You don't need to know any details about a shared folder or network-attached storage device.
* Access your files. Can't log in to your machine, but need files from it? No problem: just pop the Redo Backup CD in, reboot, and you can copy your documents to another drive, such as a USB stick.
* Recover lost data. If you accidentally delete a file or empty your Recycle Bin, simply shut down your PC and insert the Redo Backup CD to search the drive for the deleted files and save them to another drive using Photorec.
* Factory Drive Reset. Before selling or giving an old PC away, be sure all personal or business data has been removed by using the drive reset utility.
* Drive Configuration Tools. Graphically edit, manage, and resize partitions to take full advantage of your drive's capacity.
Complete Suite of Tools Included
In addition to the Redo Backup and Recovery imaging utility, the live CD provides the following set of tools:
Share Redo Backup and Recovery with Friends
(Backup and Recovery)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS