||May 8, 2010
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of FreeFileSync
" An open-source folder comparison and synchronization tool optimized for highest performance. "
- From FreeFileSync
FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
* Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
* No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
* Unicode support.
* Network support.
* Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
* Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
* Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
* Lean & easily accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
* Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
* All progress indicators optimized for maximum performance!
* Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
* Focus on usability:
- Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle.
- Select all folders via drag & drop.
- Last used configuration and screen settings are saved automatically.
- Maintain and load different configurations by drag & drop, load-button or commandline.
- Double-click to start external application (e.g. show file in Windows Explorer)
- Copy & paste all grid data as text
- Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid.
- Right-click context menu.
- Status information and error reporting
- Sort file-lists by name, size or date.
* Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
* Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
* Ignore directories "\RECYCLER" and "\System Volume Information" with default Filter. (Windows only)
* Localized versions are available for many languages.
* Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
* Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without requiring a re-compare!).
* Include/exclude specific files from synchronization temporarily.
* Create sync jobs via GUI to synchronize automatically (can be scheduled or executed via double-click).
* Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes correctly.
* Portable version (.zip) available.
* Native 64-Bit version.
* Support for \\?\ path prefix for unrestricted path length. (Windows only)
* Check for updates from within FreeFileSync automatically.
* Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
* Create regular backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
* Copy file and folder create/access/mo
Share FreeFileSync with Friends
(File Comparing, Listing, and Synchronizing)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS