||Dec 29, 2010
||Shareware (USD$99.00 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows 7
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of WordPipe
" Word search and replace - multiple documents, multiple search/replace terms. "
- From DataMystic
WordPipe is used by IT personnel to repair hyperlinks when a server gets renamed, by SMEs and large organisations when they change their contact details/name/etc, by translators to apply massive search/replace lists - the list of uses is endless.
WordPipe can change thousands or millions of documents, and can even make multiple changes simultaneously to save time. It can be automated to run overnight or over a weekend, and it takes care of passwords, protection, locked fields, read-only files and other messy details.
To use WordPipe, you simply add a list of search/replace pairs, and for each one, specify where in the document it should be found. Then you tell it which files to process - that's it!
* Accept all revisions before starting.
* Highlight option on replacement
* Now searches and replaces hyperlinks inside footnotes, endnotes and comments
* Now can search/replace document templates
* Now can update ISO-9001 version numbers
* Search and replace inside form drop down fields
* Search and replace inside bookmark names to ensure consistency across multiple documents.
* Now handles locked fields - and restores the lock after making changes
* Search and replace inside the headers and footers of multiple sections
* Search and replace inside text boxes, shapes and inline shapes, and now inside grouped shapes
* Search and replace inside hyperlinks and hyperlink addresses
* Search and replace UNC link paths
* Search and replace inside field codes
* Search and replace inside built in document properties and custom properties such as Title, Subject, Author, Company etc
* Search and replace graphics and company logos - see the FAQ
* Search and replace inside VBA Code Modules - even if protected with a password.
* Search and replace inside OLE and DDE Links
* Search Only mode - very handy for detecting where replaces would occur
* Fully Unicode compliant - search and replace international character sets (unlike competing products)
* Allows replacements to be longer than 255 characters (Microsoft Word limits this to 255)
* Search and replace with all Word's options such as Wildcards (pattern matching), Match Case, Whole Words only, Sounds Like, Find All Word Forms
* Works with Windows SharePoint Services document libraries
* Files can be specified by folder (optionally including sub folders), by importing from a list file, or by pasting in a list of filenames
* Control the document types used - so you can process .doc, .rtf, .html, .htm, .dot, .txt, .asc, .ans, .wri, .mcw, .wpd, .wps or any custom document type
* Can be automated or scheduled via the command line, and settings are saved in an easy-to-edit or generate XML format
* Handles documents with password for open or modify
* Handles protected documents - and restores the original protection after making changes
* Handles mail merge documents
* Read only documents can be processed or skipped
* Read only recommend documents are processed with NO user intervention
* Easy to install/uninstall
* The original file date and time stamp can be preserved.
* Does not alter documents unless a change is made. In Search Only mode, no changes are made.
* All settings can be saved and re-loaded later, allowing you to manage multiple jobs.
* Full backup facility, and the ability to rollback if the results are not acceptable.
* Full audit trail on completion, logging the changed documents, unchanged documents and error documents.
Limitations in downloadable version
Share WordPipe with Friends
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS