" The popular all-in-one and open-source codec solution. "
- From FFDShow Tryouts
FFDShow Tryouts is a fork of the original FFDShow software.
ffdshow tryouts is a DirectShow and Video for Windows codec with support for a wide range of audio and video formats, such as Xvid, DivX, and H.264.
It includes a powerful filter set that can enhance the video quality - with filters for resizing, deinterlacing, and displaying subtitles - as well as audio quality through normalization, down-/upmixing, and resampling.
ffdshow can be configured to display subtitles, to enable or disable various built-in codecs, to grab screenshots, to enable keyboard control, and to enhance movies with increased resolution, sharpness, and many other post-processing filters. It has the ability to manipulate audio with effects like an equalizer, a Dolby decoder, reverb, Winamp DSP plugins, and more. Some of the postprocessing is borrowed from the MPlayer project and AviSynth filters.
ffdshow uses the libavcodec library and several other free, open source software packages to decode video in most common formats, such as:
* MPEG-4 Part 2 (including video encoded with Xvid, 3ivx, and all versions of DivX).
* Flash Video, H.263 and VP6 (used by sites such as YouTube).
* H.264/AVC, Theora, WMV as well as numerous others.
ffdshow also decodes audio, such as:
* Dolby AC3,
* FLAC, and
* Vorbis formats, among others.
The post-processing video filters of ffdshow can be used in video editors such as VirtualDub or AviSynth, by configuring the VFW settings. In these editors, ffdshow can also be used to encode MPEG-4 video compatible with Xvid, DivX, or x264 codecs, as well as lossless video and a few other formats supported by libavcodec.
* H.264 MBAFF (interlaced format) support.
* VP6 and several other codecs have been added.
* VC-1 Advanced Profile support for wmv9lib. You need WMP11 or Microsoft's VC-1 codec.
* The installer can set speaker configuration. It loads the setting of the OS (control panel) as default.
* Queue: Accelerator. It deposits the time when CPU has finished work early and uses the time when delayed.
* Multithreaded resize: Faster resize on multi-core CPUs.
* Calculates the vertical size automatically when you enter 0 for vertical size.
* Vorbis: High accuracy mode is enabled for tremor.
* Quality control configurable.
* Show error message if the splitter failed to provide necessary information to decode SVQ3.
* VC-1 Advanced Profile support (libavcodec can work without external codecs).
* Various WMV and VC-1 content can be played using Microsoft's codec (VC-1 needs external codec or WMP11 installed).
* Deinterlacing support (set interlace flag) for H.264 MBAFF and MPEG4-ASP through Xvidcore decoder.
* Multichannel audio processing by Winamp plugins
* Support for SPDIF on Windows Vista
* Xvid encoder has been multithreaded.
* ATRAC3 (Adaptive TRansform Acoustic Coding, compressed audio format)
* Subtitle word wrapping
* Vertical scaling of text subtitles.
* 7.1ch audio processing
* YV16: Add support as input color space.
* Support for VC1 on TS container.
* ASS subtitle: Support karaoke (incomplete)and fade in/out.
* Added support for the FourCCs “SP51” to “SP57”.
* Support H.264 digital television playback in DVBViewer
* SRT files with tags support
* Unicode support for FFDShowRemoteAPI
* DVD playback support by libavcodec
* Added support for E-AC3 decoding (Dolby Digital Plus), DTS-HD decoding (core DTS only), Dolby TrueHD and MLP decoding (full TrueHD decoding or AC3 can pass-through depending on config)
* DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming support for the ATI Radeon HD5000 series, ASUS Xonar sound cards and Intel Clarkdale CPUs
NOTE: Support for Windows 98/Me has been dropped starting with revision 2353.