||May 24, 2010
||WinXP, WinVista, Win7, Mac OS
||128MB RAM, 233MHz Pentium-class processor or better, Mac OS X: v10.5 through v10.5.8
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of QuickTime
" An easy-to-use and popular application for playing, interacting with or viewing video, audio, VR or graphics files. "
- From Apple Inc.
What is QuickTime?
At its simplest, QuickTime is software that allows Mac and Windows users to play back audio and video on their computers. But taking a deeper look, QuickTime is many things: a file format, an environment for media authoring and a suite of applications:
* QuickTime Player for playing back audio and video files
* QuickTime Pro for flexible multimedia authoring
* Browser plug-ins for viewing media within a web page
* PictureViewer for working with still images (Windows only; Preview is available on Mac OS X)
* QuickTime Streaming Server Open source streaming server for delivering streaming media files on the Internet in real time (Mac OS X only)
* Darwin Streaming Server for delivering streaming media with Linux, Solaris and Windows
* QuickTime Broadcaster for delivering live events on the Internet (free download; Mac OS X only)
* MPEG-2 Playback Component for playing back MPEG-2 content (requires separate purchase)
Key features of QuickTime 7
* QuickTime 7 delivers gorgeous video with the new H.264 codec in up to HD resolution.
* Massive Cross-platform Platform. Available for both Windows and Mac, QuickTime was downloaded more than 350 million times.
* QuickTime Streaming Server delivering live and on-demand content with no per stream license fees.
* The free QuickTime Broadcaster software lets you produce live events. Create movies with QuickTime Pro for just $29.99.
* The QuickTime file format is a track-based, container-like format that enables you to combine almost any media (audio, video, still images, text, VR, chapters and even alternate languages) in a single movie.
* The standalone QuickTime Player is easy for anyone to use and enjoy. You can also easily embed QuickTime movies in a Web site.
* QuickTime contains a rich set of developer APIs for handling almost any audio, video and media task.
* Easily make your application multimedia-enabled with QuickTime.
* Tens of thousands of software titles use QuickTime to deliver media.
QuickTime has a legacy of supporting and developing the latest digital media standards ensuring that you can create and play back the widest range of standard formats in the industry with QuickTime.
* 3GPP & 3GPP2
* And dozens more
In fact, the ISO chose the QuickTime file format as the basis for the MPEG-4 file format.
Share QuickTime with Friends
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS