Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 contains significant security enhancements, in addition to stability and performance improvements. Some of the fixes included with SP2 have been previously released as separate updates. This service pack combines them into one update.Included in this Service Pack
This service pack includes updates previously released for Office 2003:
* Office 2003 Service Pack 1
* Security Update for Office 2003 WordPerfect 5.x Converter: KB 873378
* Office 2003 Security Update: KB838905
* Update for Office 2003 French Grammar Checker: KB873381
* Office 2003 Tablet PC Update: Improved Ink Recognition
* Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003: KB887982
* Update for Office 2003: KB887980
* Update for Office 2003: KB885828
* Update for Office 2003 French Spelling Checker and Thesaurus: KB892258
* Security Update for Word 2003: KB887979
SP2 will install even if a publicly available update has already been installed on your computer.
SP2 also includes stability improvements developed as a result of user input from the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis in Office 2003 and from Microsoft Product Support feedback. This update applies to the following programs:
* Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
* Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
* Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
* Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
* Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
* Microsoft Office Access 2003
* Microsoft Office Access 2003 Runtime
* Microsoft Office Excel 2003
* Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
* Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003
* Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
* Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
* Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
* Microsoft Office Word 2003
* Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
* Microsoft Office XP Web ComponentsMicrosoft Windows Installer
If you have Windows Installer version 3.0
you will need to upgrade to Windows Installer version 3.1
To install Office 2003 SP2, follow these steps:
1. Download one of the two .exe files by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
: You should download this file if you have access to your original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the installation source during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
: Download this file if you do not have access to your original product CD-ROM or if you have experienced problems installing the Office2003SP2-kb887616-client-enu.exe file.
2. It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
3. In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.