The HTML Rich Text Area is a web browser tool that replaces textareas with a powerful WYSIWYG editor. It implements a user interface familiar to any Windows user enabling even the most novice computer user to quickly format text in a variety of sophisticated styles. Web sites can benefit from HTML Rich Text Area in many ways; including message boards, customer feedback, blogs, HTML based email generation for customer newsletters or even WYSIWYG web page authoring as demonstrated by the tcpIQ Site Editor which is included in this package.
HTML Rich Text Area allows the user to add 'emoticons' to add feeling or emphasis to words or phrases. This added dimension of communication is boosted with the ability to add bold, color, various fonts and font sizes. HTML Rich Text Area runs totally on the client side. Any web server can be used with no special configuration required.
HTML Rich Text Area can be optionally combined with tcpIQ's other web tool, the Web Browser Spell Check to provide a very feature rich browser based editing environment.
Other features of HTML Rich Text Area include:
- Web server technology independent.
- The sophisticated WYSIWYG table manipulation functionality can be turned off.
- Supports multiple HTML Rich Text Areas per web page.
- Office XP look and feel.
- Contents of the HTML Rich Text Area is posted just like a textarea or input type='text'.
- Simple installation and deployment.
- Image uploading and image library.
- Optional dynamic resizing of the width.
- Support for cascading style sheets.
- Automatic conversion to HTML of text that is pasted.
- The insertion of either a p/BR tags when the user hits Enter or shift-Enter.
- Powerful features for the programmer.
- Includes the tcpIQ Site Editor software that allows you to use the HTML Rich Text Area to edit your own web site online.
- And much more...