Same as K-Lite Codec Pack (Basic)
* Includes Media Player Classic Homecinema.
* Includes a MPEG-2 decoder for DVD playback.
* Supports playback of FLAC and WavPack audio files.
* This pack is recommended for the average user.
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* Works great with Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. But also with all other DirectShow players, such as Media Player Classic, BS.Player, ZoomPlayer, and others.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
* The pack has many options, which allows you to tweak it to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It does not contain any codecs or filters that are known to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to detect and disable several known troublemakers.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
* The installer is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* The pack has options to activate thumbnail generation in Windows Explorer for several popular video file formats, which are by default not thumbnailed in Explorer.
* The pack automatically configures Media Center to recognize all common audio and video file formats, so that such files show up in your media library.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard) components are:
* Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 1.4.2803.0]
* ffdshow [revision 3703]
DirectShow video decoding filters:
* MPEG-2 (DScaler5) [version 0.0.8.0]
DirectShow source filters:
* Haali Media Splitter [version 1.10.348.15]
* MP4 splitter (Gabest) [version 1.4.2800.0]
* FLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.4.2800.0]
* MPEG PS/TS splitter (Gabest) [version 1.4.2800.0]
DirectShow subtitle filter:
* DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 126.96.36.199]
* Haali Video Renderer [version 1.10.348.15]
* Codec Tweak Tool [version 4.6.2]
* Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 3.7]
* MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.38]