Multi project planning, Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt chart, allocate resources, estimate costs ...
RationalPlan is a powerful project management software designed to help both project managers and teams to create consistent project plans, allocate resources and analyze workload, track work progress, estimate projects' costs and manage budgets. Whether your applications are in the area of construction, engineering, services&consulting, software development or any other business field, RationalPlan can help you to complete your projects on time and within budget.
Key reasons for using RationalPlan:
* easily manage your company's projects and share resources between them (multi project version)
* get resources and finances under control (realistic cost estimates mechanisms, detailed cash-flow screening down to tasks and resources level)
* brings project's critical issues to your attention (overallocated resources, critical path with configurable slack from which activities become critical)
* track project evolution in terms of completion, time and costs
* "what if" scenarios capability is offered via multiple undo/redo levels allows you to make changes and safely get back
* provides a clean way to break down your project, build schedules, allocate resources and manage budgets
* provides a step by step project guide which walks you through the project management process so you can lay down a project plan immediately
* a free project viewer is available (which can also be used as Microsoft Project Viewer)
RationalPlan is a great alternative to Microsoft Project with some extra-features like multi project management (only for Multi Project version). It offers you the most important capabilities of a good project management software while being able to operate on various platforms starting with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and all other Java enabled platforms.
Limitations in downloadable version:
Maximum 20 tasks.