Guide to Software Downloading
This guide can help, if you are new to downloading from the Internet. Please follow the simple steps.
Create a Download Folder
You can skip the following steps if you have a download folder.
We would recommend you to create a New folder or directory on your hard drive for temporary files, before you begin downloading. You can name it "My Downloads" or "Downloads" for example.
Windows Explorer User
- Open Windows Explorer - Click the Start button. Select All Programs then choose Accessories. Then select Windows Explorer.
- Click on "My Documents". Then select the "File" menu option.
- Select "New", then "Folder".
- When the folder called "New Folder" is created, you can renamed it "My Downloads" or "Downloads" by right clicking your mouse and select "Rename".
Windows 3.1 File Manager User
- In File Manager, click on your C: drive.
- Select the "File" menu option.
- Select "Create Directory".
- Enter the word "Downloads" to name the directory and click "OK".
Proceed to Next Step
You are downloading with FireFox or Internet Explorer.
Back to the top