PDF Split and Merge (PDFsam) 2.2.0
||May 26, 2010
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Unix
||Java Virtual Machine 1.6 or higher
||Download PDF Split and Merge (PDFsam)
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of PDF Split and Merge (PDFsam)
" A very simple, easy-to-use, free, open-source utility to split and merge pdf files. "
- From Andrea Vacondio
PDFsam is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to handle pdf files. Itís released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced. It's platform independent and it runs on every platform where a Java Virtual Machine is available.
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With itís simple and intuitive interface you can:
* split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
* merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
* extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
* mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
* rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
* visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
* visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
* save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
* manage PDFsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
This is the enhanced version of PDFsam. In this version youíll find all the basic features plus:
* encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
* add a pdf frontpage or an addendum (or both) to your pdf documents.
* decrypt pdf documents.
* extract attachments from your pdf documents.
* set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.
* set the metadata of a document (author, title, subject and keywords).
Why two versions?
Basic version is very simple and stable. Itís completely free and it covers most of your needs.
Enhanced version is open source and has more features than the basic version. Itís ďalmostĒ free, you can download the source code, compile and use it or, if you think itís worth it, you can make a donation.
So do I have to pay for the enhanced version?
Yes and no. Enhanced version has no fixed price.. The source code is available for download therefore you can compile it and use it. With a single donation of any amount (1$, 10$, 100$Ö as much as you wish) youíll gain unlimited access to compiled code, win32 installer plus the access to the support forums and to the features request section.
Share PDF Split and Merge (PDFsam) with Friends
(Adobe and PDF Utilities and Plug-Ins)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS