||Jul 19, 2006
||Demoware (USD$19.00 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2003, Windows 2000
||GPS device with a COM port connection
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of VIGps
" GPS Navigator using a scanned raster maps. "
- From Valeri Vlassov
GPS Navigator using a scanned maps and possibility to open a lot of maps together.
- you can show a current GPS data (Speed, Direction, Longitude, Latitude, Time, Date, Height);
- you can open any of scanned maps (in a "bmp" or "dib" format);
- you can calibrate the scanned maps yourself by two calibration points only (left-top and right-bottom);
- calibrations are stored automatically for every map, you do not need to calibrate a map next time;
- you can see your route line and speed direction at the map;
How to use it:
- connect your GPS device to your computer by the com-port;
- open a Properties Dialog and set you comport's name and a Bits Rate (for example: COM1, 4800);
- you will see your position point at the World Map.
- open any scanned map file in a bmp or dib format;
- point by mouse to the left-top point at the map, where you know the coordinats of that point (where coordinate lines are crossed, or where you have measured a coordinates yourself by your GPS device);
- press a right mouse button and input coordinates for that point;
- make the same for a right-bottom point anywhere at the map;
- now your scanned map is calibrated and you will see your position, speed direction and route line at it;
- menu "View / Clear calibration Points" for new calibration of a current map;
- use a button "Show Route Line" for siwtch on/off of showing a Route Line;
- use a button "Show GPS Data" for open a GPS Data window;
- you can open a lot of scanned maps, GPS Data, World Maps together;
- default settings for comport: COM1, bits per second: 4800, data bits: 8, parity: none, stop bits: 1, flow control: hardware;
- use Property Dialog for setting a comport (Name and Bits per second) and refresh time for active map;
- maximize a GPS Data window to show a speed and direction as a big symbols (when you are sailing).
Limitations in downloadable version
No Position, Speed direction and Route lines at scanned maps.
Share VIGps with Friends
(Collection Organizers and Hobbies)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS