||EGroupware Development Team
||Jun 2, 2010
||WinXP, WinVista, WinNT, WinME, Win98, Win7, Win2008, Win2003, Win2000, Unix
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of eGroupWare
" A web-based open-source multi-user collaboration or groupware suite similar to Lotus Notes. "
- From EGroupware Development Team
What is EGroupware?
EGroupware is an enterprise ready groupware software for your network. It enables you to manage contacts, appointments, todos and many more for your whole business.
EGroupware is a groupware server. It comes with a native web-interface which allows to access your data from any platform all over the planet. Moreover you also have the choice to access the EGroupware server with your favorite groupware client (Kontact, Evolution, Outlook) and also with your mobile or PDA via SyncML.
EGroupware is international. At the time, it supports more than 25 languages including rtl support.
EGroupware is platform independent. The server runs on Linux, Mac, Windows and many more other operating systems. On the client side, all you need is a internet browser such as Firefox, Konqueror, Internet Explorer and many more.
* Task Management: InfoLog
- Create tasks and delegate to team members or groups
- Document task progress and follow status
* Team Calendar
- Manage own and shared appointments
- Send, accept and reject invitations
- Allocate resources to an appointment
- Use alarm and reminder functions
- Link appointments to other data like contacts, tasks or attach files
* Contact Management
- Complete email application for managing multiple identities and email accounts
- Refer to addresses in contact management for composing emails efficiently
- Share folders, create new folders, set filter rules, use multiple individual signatures, manage email forwarding and out of office messages (dependent on the email server capabilities)
- Save emails as tasks.
- Attach multiple files to email directly from EGroupware's file manager. Use your file manager Favorites or browse in module item attachments for easy navigation.
* File Manager
- Use fully equipped web based file manager for sharing information and managing documents
- Individual home data area for each user
- Team folder for supporting data exchange optimally
- Direct access to the file manager from the personal computer using WebDAV (web based distributed authoring and versioning)
- Save mostly used folders as your Favorites in the side menu for quick access and a better overview
- Personalise your workspace by using folder links for higher productivity
* Tracking System
- Manage and audit service, maintenance, change management and any other kinds of processes which need a defined delegation structure and escalation procedures
- Create functional areas (tracker queues) and types of tasks which has to be tracked
- Define the delegation and escalation structure
- Link tracker entries to InfoLog tasks, addresses, project management and time sheet module
* Knowledge Management
- Share companies know how on the EGroupware platform
- Publish any kind of information by releasing articles which contain descriptions, links to other information and attached files
- Order articles by categories and classify them with search items
- Use the Wiki hypertext system to structure information like in the Internet Wikipedia
- Wiki helps to organise knowledge and documentation in a interlinked structure of different wiki pages
- Find content easily by index based full text search
* Project Management
- Create and manage hierarchical projects
- Plan and manage staff and budgets
- Set milestones
- Create sub projects
- Capture working hours and costs
- Visualise project status and time line by Gantt chart
- Use an extended user right system based on individual project roles
- Create project templates for recurring procedures
- Link contacts, tasks or any other kinds of information in EGroupware to the project.
* Time Sheet
* General Functions
Share eGroupWare with Friends
(Collaboration and Whiteboarding Tools)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS