" An enterprise level FTP server for both beginner and advanced users alike. "
- From DataWizard Technologies
Setting up a server with FtpXQ is simple: just install, add or import your users, and you are ready to run.
Whether you need to run an FTP server with NAT from a behind a firewall, or transfer large files using background threads, FtpXQ is quick and simple with lots of features.
- Configurable FTP port
- Configurable session characteristics: maximum users, maximum logon attempts, welcome banner, exit banner, maximum users banner, allows anonymous connections
- Ability to add/delete multiple users, as well as configure user profiles (user ID, password, default directory, allow concurrent logons, limit to default directory, log access, restrict read/write access)
- Supports commands: USER, PASS, STOR, TYPE, RETR, CWD, CD, CDUP, MKD, RMD, RNFR, RNTO, DELE, PWD, XPWD, NLST, LIST, QUIT, BYE, PORT
- Ability to bind FTP services to specific IP addresses (for machines with more than one network card/adapter---can even bind to a dynamic dial-up IP)
- Real time connection viewing
- Real time data activity logging via a built in diagnostic window
- Configurable buffer size for sending
- Ability to kill user connections from the Server
- The ability to run as a service under Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
- Optional user account import from an NT/2000/XP domain, server, or workstation (must be running on an NT or later workstation or server)
- Optional high performance background thread transfer (NT and later)
- Full featured context menu accessible from the task tray
- NT/2000/XP Security integration (logon authentication matched against existing accounts)
- Support for PASV mode connections (with options for setting port ranges and IP address for use with a firewall or NAT)
- Ability to resume broken downloads (support for REST command)
- NT Security integration (logon authentication matched against existing NT accounts)
- Ability to screen client logons by IP address
- Ability to view active users and shadow FTP Sessions
- Includes extensive network diagnostics: network card, routing table, current connections, bandwidth per adapter, etc.
Limitations in downloadable version
30-day trial and message box pops up every 15 minutes.