" ActiveX document container for hosting Office documents (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio etc.) in a custom form or webpage. "
- From EDrawSoft
The Edraw Office Viewer Component contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as an ActiveX document container for hosting Office documents (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Microsoft Visio documents) in a custom form or Web page. The control is lightweight and flexible, and gives developers new possibilities for using Office in a custom solution.
The control is designed to handle specific issues that make using ActiveX documents from a non-top-level host window difficult, and serves as a starting place for constructing your own embedded object file viewer or editor as an ActiveX control.
Office Viewer Component Features
1. 100% office compatibility.
2. Supports Multiple office instances.
3. Read-Only Support for Word documents and Excel Sheets! It is a great solution for companies wishing to display read-only Word documents and Excel sheets to their employees while restricting modifications to the underlying data.
4. Supports seamless integration with Office 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
5. You can also display password protected Word documents without supplying passwords to your users - keep your confidential data safe and secure!
6. HTTP/HTTPS Support. With the office OCX it is easy to upload or download files between server and client via HTTP/FTP.
7. Support More file types. You can open all the file formats supported by Microsoft Word such as doc, docx, dot, rtf, txt, mht, xml, wps, wri, wpd, wps, wpi, olk, pab. You can also open the following files of Microsoft Excel sheets such as xls, xlsx, xlt, xlw, csv.
8. Switch to different views such as edit view, normal view, out-line view, print preview view, reading view and web view.
9. Multiple Language Support. Easy to modify the interface at run-time/design-time.
10. Supports office automation by exposing the active document interface. Enable the developer to customize the office application by the dispatch interface.
11. Easy to use with lots of examples provided.
12. SiteLock enables ActiveX control developers to restrict the use of an ActiveX control to a predetermined list of domain names or security zones.
13. Edraw Office Viewer Component is currently running in over 100 of the Fortune 1000 companies, in over 40 countries.
Limitations in downloadable version