||Jul 14, 2005
||Shareware (USD$199.00 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows 7
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of wodSFTP
" Implements client side of Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). "
- From WeOnlyDo Software
SFTP ActiveX Client OCX/DLL, SCP Client, SFTP Component
* Transfer data securely over SSH layer using AES, DES, and BLOWFISH encryption
* Copy files and data directly from/to variables
* Uses FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL crypto library
* Use it in asynchronous mode with events, but also in blocking mode in scripting environments
* Support for all major Proxy servers (can reuse windows settings)
* Tested with most popular SSH2 servers available
* Installation contains x86 and x64 binaries
* Samples in Visual Basic, VC, ASP and Delphi
The Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP client) provides secure file transfer functionality over any reliable data stream, SSH in this case. It is the standard file transfer protocol for use with the SSH2 protocol. Windowless wodSFTP component implements client side of this protocol which is reliable and easy to use. SFTP is not just some "FTP over SSH" wrapper - it is newer protocol, supported by all SSH2 servers as their subsystem.
- Usage model
SFTP protocol is designed to provide primarily file transfer, but also more general file system access on the remote server - in secure manner. SFTP protocol assumes it is running on secure channel (secure channel is implemented in wodSFTP), thus no plaintext passwords, file or directory contents, or any other information is exposed to the network.
- Features include
most important PutFile (for file uploading) andGetFile (for file downloading) methods, but also
* PutData and GetData to copy string variable to/from remotefile,
* PutFiles, GetFiles... to upload/download/delete multiple files, recursively
* Direct read/write on remote file with RemoteOpen, RemoteRead, RemoteWrite and RemoteClose methods
* MakeDir and RemoveDir to create and delete directories,
* DeleteFile to delete file on the server,
* ListItems event to list files in some directory on remote server,
* GetAttributes/SetAttributes to retrieve and set attributes for the file (or directory),
* Resume property to resume broken transfers,
* Blocking mode to execute methods and wait until they are completed.
* Password and PublicKey properties that determine type of authentication with the server
* ASCII and Binary file transfers to handle different data types....
* Done event that is fired when executed method is completed - a perfect place to initiate new command...
* Compression - from 0 (no compression) up to level 9 (high compression)
* Proxy support - for SOCKS4/5 and standard WEB proxy
* Password and PrivateKey authentication
* fast notifications - you can use callback methods, not slow events
* Support for 64-bit file sizes (more than 4.2gb)
Limitations in downloadable version
Share wodSFTP with Friends
(Internet and Networking)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS