Active@ KillDisk 5.2
||LSoft Technologies Inc.
||Feb 10, 2011
||Shareware (USD$49.95 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Unix, Linux, DOS
||Download Active@ KillDisk
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of Active@ KillDisk
" Allows you to destroy all data on hard and floppy drives. "
- From LSoft Technologies Inc.
Active@ KillDisk - Hard Drive Eraser is powerful and compact software that allows you to destroy all data on hard and floppy drives completely, excluding any possibility of future recovery of deleted files and folders. It's a hard drive and partition eraser utility.
If you use FDISK, FORMAT utilities, or DELETE standard operating system command for data removal, there is always a chance to recover deleted files (using undelete or unformat tools) and use against the owner's will. You are highly recommend to run this utility for the hard and floppy drives you want to dispose of, recycle, re-use, sell or donate to somebody.
Active@ KillDisk (Professional version) conforms to US Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M. The most secure Gutmann's data destruction method is also implemented.
Both WIPE and KILL functions support 17 security standards from various countries such as USA, Canada, Germany and others. You can be sure that once you clean up with Active@ KillDisk, sensitive information is purged out forever.
* Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive or logical partition
* Erases partitions, logical drives and unused disk space
* Supports IDE / ATA / SATA / SCSI hard disk drives
* Supports solid state drives (SSD)
* Supports fixed disks, floppies, zip drives, FlashMedia drives
* Supports large-sized drives (more than 128GB)
* Supports Command Line mode (can be run with no user interaction)
* Operates from bootable floppy disk or bootable CD (DOS version)
* Operates from bootable CD/DVD, USB (Windows version)
* Supports 17 security standards:
Erases with one-pass zeros (Free version), Erases with one-pass random characters, Erases with user defined method, using user’s pattern and specified number of passes, Erases with user-defined number of passes (up to 99), US Department of Defense 5220.22 M, US Department of Defense 5220.22 M (ECE), US Army AR380-19, US Air Force 5020, Navso P-5329-26 (MFM), Navso P-5329-26 (RL), NCSC-TG-025, Canadian OPS-II, HMG IS5 Baseline, HMG IS5 Enhanced, German VISTR, Bruce Schneier, Gutmann's method, Russian GOST p50739-95
* Supports all detected hard disk drives
* Erasing report is created and can be saved as a file
* Includes Console Application to run and erase data under Windows
* Displays detected drive and partition information
* Scans NTFS and FAT volumes and displays existing and deleted files and folders
* Data verification may be performed after erasing is completed
* Disk Viewer allows you to preview any sectors or file clusters on a drive
* Operates in DOS real mode, the most secure and reliable environment
* Wipes out NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 and FAT12 volumes from areas containing deleted and unused data
* Wipes out free clusters (unused by file data sectors)
Limitations in downloadable version
Reduce functionality; Not DoD 5220.22-M compliant.
Share Active@ KillDisk with Friends
(Encryption, Decryption and File Wiping)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS