Arc Menu 5.3b
||Feb 10, 2011
||Shareware (USD$19.95 to buy)
||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows 2000, DOS
||Download Arc Menu
BumperSoft Editor's Review Status:
Publisher's Description of Arc Menu
" Secure multi-user DOS menu program. "
- From DataMystic
Arc is a full-featured menu system that can be used to run all of your favorite programs. It looks very slick, uses no memory and is network-compatible. It runs under DOS, Windows 3.x, 95 and NT, and supports long filenames.
It caters for all levels of users by being very easy to setup, use and modify. Advanced users like its rich command structure and unrestrictive design, while beginners like its apparent simplicity and attractive windowed presentation.
* Uses no memory to run commands. It can also be used to load and unload TSRs. It is also great as a menu system for CD-ROMs, because it is fast and slick.
* Immediate access to all of your commands. Hot keys (single key presses) allow quick access within a single window, while shortcuts (key combinations) allow instant access to far reaches of the menu, and to items not in the current window. Every item can have a shortcut and multiple hot keys.
* Network & multi-user. Support includes Novell, LANtastic and Banyan Vines. Arc uses file locking to prevent conflicts.
* Security. Access to DOS and to editing can be restricted. You can also prevent users from changing their passwords, color schemes and preferences.
* AutoBuild makes adding new programs as easy as point-and- click. However, if you want to get your hands dirty, Arc allows a batch file of up to 64K for each menu item.
* Auto installation detects ALL programs and adds them to the menu. It can classify over 360 programs.
* Context-sensitive system help (over 80 pages) with index.
* User-defined help can be added to each menu item, edited and updated on the fly. Up to 64K can be defined per menu item.
* Full point-and-click mouse support.
* Attractive user interface which is extensively customizable. Separate color configuration and settings are maintained for each user.
* Usage tracking. Maintains a chronological record of who ran what and when. Successful logins, failed logins, logins where the user was logged in automatically, applications run etc.
* User accounts. Use our Add_user utility to automatically add new user accounts to Arc based on a no-privilege template as users log in!
* You can convert the entire menu structure to text format, edit it using your favorite editor (e.g. search/replace drive letters) and import it back in again. Can also generate a structure tree (like a directory tree) for documentation purposes.
* No limit on the number of items per menu or on the menu depth, the menu resizes and scrolls as required.
* Reset recovery.
* Can have items that don't return to Arc after running. Very useful for logout options on a network.
* Can have items pause after running - to show you the output.
* Items can prompt for log comments before running. Very useful for keeping track of billing information.
* Prompt the user for input with Edit fields, radio buttons, check boxes, command buttons.
* Environment variables can be edited.
* Built-in screen saver
* Supports every text mode
Limitations in downloadable version
Share Arc Menu with Friends
(Menus and Program Launchers)
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS