eMule is one of the biggest and most reliable peer-to-peer file sharing clients around the world. It is based on the original eDonkey2000
network but with tons of new features and a nice GUI. eMule is an open source software.A list of a few features available.
* Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad)
- Kad is now in an open testphase, eMule v0.42 can be enabled to use Kad
* eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
* eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. We do this for fun and knowledge, not for money.
* Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
* The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
* Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
* The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
* The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
* You can create categories for your download to organize them.
* To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
* eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
* With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
* With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.