Java Enterprise Edition Web Profile SDK (Java EE Web Profile SDK) 6.0.0
Publisher's Description of Java Enterprise Edition Web Profile SDK (Java EE Web Profile SDK)
" The industry-standard platform for building enterprise-class web applications coded in the Java programming language. "
- From Sun Microsystems
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 6 is the industry standard for enterprise Java computing. Utilize the new, lightweight Java EE 6 Web Profile to create next-generation web applications, and the full power of the Java EE 6 platform for enterprise applications. Developers will benefit from productivity improvements with more annotations, more POJOs, simplified packaging, and less XML configuration.
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) is the industry-standard platform for building enterprise-class applications coded in the Java programming language. Based on the solid foundation of Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) (JDK or JRE), Java EE adds libraries and system services that support the scalability, accessibility, security, integrity, and other requirements of enterprise-class applications.
Since its initial release in 1999, Java EE has matured into a functionally rich, high performance platform. Recent releases of the platform have also stressed simplicity and ease of use. In fact, with the current release of the platform, Java EE 5, development of Java enterprise applications has never been easier or faster.
Java EE 6 adds significant new technologies and extends the usability improvements made in previous Java EE releases.
Progress continues. The next release of the platform, Java EE 6, adds significant new technologies, some of which have been inspired by the vibrant Java EE community. It also further simplifies the platform, extending the usability improvements made in previous Java EE releases.
* More Flexible Technology Stack. Java EE 6 introduces the Web Profile, a subset of the Java EE platform designed for web application development.
* Enhanced Extensibility. More extensibility points and service provider interfaces as well as web tier features such as support for self-registration makes the platform highly extensible.
* Further Ease of Development. Usability improvements in many areas of the platform makes it even easier to develop web and enterprise applications.
Which component to download?
Get Java EE 6 platform technologies in Java EE 6 SDK and Java EE 6 Web Profile SDK.
Java EE 6 SDK: A free integrated development kit used to build, test, and deploy Java EE 6 applications.
Java EE 6 Web Profile SDK: A free integrated development kit used to build, test, and deploy Java EE 6 web applications.
Java EE 6 Web Profile SDK is designed specifically for Web applications. Java EE 6 SDK is the complete Java EE 6 platform.
Java EE 6 Web Profile SDK includes
* Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v3 Web Profile: Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v3 Web Profile is Sun's distribution of GlassFish v3 Web Profile.
* Java EE 6 Samples: Java EE 6 Samples demonstrate the technologies and features specific to Java EE 6, including annotations, Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1, persistence, security, web services and more.
* API documentation (Javadocs)
* Your First Cup: An Introduction to the Java EE Platform
Share Java Enterprise Edition Web Profile SDK (Java EE Web Profile SDK) with Friends
WEEK'S TOP DOWNLOADS